20 ways to grow this new year
1. DRINK UP BUTTER CUP: "60% of the human body if made of water".... you hear it over and over and over. So pour yourself a glass and drink away.
2. CLEAR THE CAN: rid the past , and take out the trash. Emotional, physical, digital.
3. Give a little - there's magic when you give to others. Try compliments. They are free and the effects are priceless.
4. STASH AND SAVE : 20% . Put it away. Far, far away. You'll thank yourself when you're in a bind and it's nice to know you've got a little something to fall back on during the holidays
5. Journal your gratitude: bad day? Make a list of all the good going on in your life. Reflect as needed.
6. Explore: travel / adventure , just get out and go somewhere new. Do something outside your norm and comfort zone. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn and it could change your perspective and even your life. Think Eat. pray. love
7. CATCH SOME Zzzzzzzzzs. Resting when you're tired, grouchy, and need to take a break. That's your body telling you it needs to hit the pause button and nap. You will wake up feeling better and your brain will thank you.
8. Meditate sit and be still. Try 1 min a day of quiet and being present. Then try another min. Meditation does wonders for the mind, body, and soul.
9. Make a killer playlist. Music moves mountians. And no one has say over what you sing or how you sing. Jam out like no one is watching.
10. Cook something new. There's a lot of pride in cooking something complicated, or even sharing a meal created from love to nourshish the soul and fill the gut.
11. Plant something - be it a seed, garden, veggies, flowers, or an idea- nurture it and watch it grow.
12. R E A D : read a book, or 50. No time to read? Download an audiobook- tap into your childhood and use your imagination
13. Eat your greens. They are loaded with good stuff. picky eater? Close your eyes, pinch your nose and dive in. No excuses
14. Stretch: stretching your muscles are so important. You only have 1 body, and majority of aches and pains can be cured with consistency in stretching and gaining flexibitly.
15. Laughter: truly the best medicine. Laugh everyday and laugh loud. Share a laugh. Laugh at yourself . Laugh with others . It lightens the mood and feels good.
16. Pray. Talk to god. He's a great listener. Thank him for everything. He gives you what you have for a reason.
17. Create. Paint, draw, scribble, sketch, ect.
Make something with your hands and your heart. Put it on the fridGe. Be proud of what you can do.
18. Unplug. Cut back on screen time and be present. After you read the rest of these of course.
19. Exercise. Even better go to barre. Total body + a good stretch and a place to drink water and laugh ? Pretty sure we cover half this list.
20. Ground yourself. Daily. Kick off the shoes and walk around in the grass, mud, sand, or water- get in touch with nature.
So there it is. 20 super simple things you can do. Won't cost you a thing and I will guarantee you'll be on the right track for the new year.